Devices support for XFree

Suhaib M. Siddiqi ssiddiqi@inspirepharm.com
Sat Jul 31 11:35:00 GMT 1999

I got the source of XF86SYS.SUP from Holger Veit.
He wrote this driver for  XFree86/OS2.  This driver
basically emulates all the neccessary devices under /dev
on a UNIX OS.  XFree86 needs access to several of these
devices.  He provided the source code of his
SF86SYS.SUP under BSD style License.

The source code of his XF86SYS.SUP drivers will be a great help
in completing the XFree86 port to Cygwin.  Access to
UNIX like devices, was the last hurdle I was stuck since
few weeks.  His source code for XF86SYS.SUP was compiled
with GCC 2.7.2 and contains a very few OS2 API stuff.  It will
be relatively easy to port XF86SYS.SUP driver to Cygwin/Win32.

Suhaib