FW: Cygwin patches into X (fwd)

Suhaib Siddiqi ssiddiqi@inspirepharm.com
Mon Sep 27 10:37:00 GMT 1999

No, someone downloaded the my patches from Sourceware server
and submitted parts of those patches to XFree86 team.

I assume this fellow was attempting to take some of my fixes for
various X clients, and forgot to remove the #ifdef __CYGWIN__.  On
Sunday,
I was making a freswh set of patches, and noticed at several palces
#ifdef __CYGWIN32__.  I stopped using __CYGWIN32__ couple of months
ago.  I am using #ifdef __CYGWIN__.  First I thought I was making
some mistakes.  Later I downloaded a fresh archive of XFRee86 4.0
developrs snapshot, extracted it in a separate directory and ran a
grep -i 'cygwin' *.* on various directories.  I found in several
files
some of my fixes for various X clients.

The following message which I forwarded this morning has nothing to
do with
my other mail about someone submitting part of my patches.  Nils is
on Debian Linux and he forwarded the message about cygwin-xfree
code.  He is unable to post to the cygwin list because his SMTP is
perhaps in ORBS therefore I forwarded his message to the list

Suhaib