Xfree86 application starting error

Suhaib Siddiqi ssiddiqi@inspirepharm.com
Tue Sep 28 04:08:00 GMT 1999

You
need a copy of the latest cygwin1.dl from Cygwin latest
snapshots.

http://sourceware.cygnus.com/cygwin/snapshots/

The
Xfree86 code is best compiled using the Cygwin snapshots due to enhanced
socket
features and various bug fixes which were in
B20.1.  This is mentioned in ReadMe or
one of
the message to the list.

If you
intend to recompile the code, then you will need the
 cygwin-inst-19990920.tar.gz

There
are a few other things to be check for compilation, like
CYGWIN=binmode

Suhaib

  -----Original Message----- From:
  cygwin-xfree-owner@sourceware.cygnus.com
  [mailto:cygwin-xfree-owner@sourceware.cygnus.com] On Behalf Of The Reed
  Family Sent: Tuesday, September 28, 1999 1:51 AM To:
  cygwin-xfree@sourceware.cygnus.com Subject: Xfree86 application
  starting error
  I have been trying to run the pre-compiled Xfree86
  application programs and am getting an error no matter which app I run.
  When I try to run a program such as xclock.exe I get the following
  error.

  Error Starting Program
      The LIBICE.DLL file is
      linked to missing export
  CYGWIN1.DLL:_ctype_.

  What am I missing or what have I set up wrong? Any help will
  be appreciated. Thanks.