Building XFree

Suhaib M. Siddiqi ssiddiqi@InspirePharm.Com
Fri Apr 7 03:52:00 GMT 2000

Well, I am caught one of those nasty fight between my private ISP RR.COM
and ORBS.ORG.  A while ago ORBS reported to rr.com smtp server as being
OpenRelay
sysem, they did not fix it and after repeated requests, ORBS permanently
added entire
rr.com Netblocks.  Now RR.COM is not runing OpenRelay system, at least in my
Zone (North Carolina) but ORBS is permanently blocking them.  I sent
messages
to ORBS.org and they are not removing rr.com IPs,  at least the one in my
Zone,
though servers are not OpenRelay any more.

I think this kind of behavior from ORBS.ORG is rediculous.  This puts entire
ORBS
databse integrity in question.  It means ORBS would block permanently IP
traffic from
an ISP because of pervious differences or in the past the ISP blocked ORBS
for reasons.

> Most of it looks like it has built now - other than libGL which still has
> problems, it looks as though it just missing the extra addins you added to
> the binary distribution.
>

> Also, there was  typo error in the Imakefile for /programs/xload
>  -X11 should be -lX11

Thanks.  I will fix it in 4.0a.

> #ifdef cygwinArchitecture /*not really syslibs, but needed to resolve
> symbols*/
>   SYS_LIBRARIES = -L../../exports/lib -lXt -lSM -lICE -lXmu -lX11
> #endif

Ummmmm... you do not do that. You are breaking Imake rules.  All the
compiled links have symlink
in exports/lib and DLLs copied to exports/bin, executable sould link to them
if they do not then I need to find out what part of the Imakefile was broken
for which lib and/or
xlient.

Suhaib