Cygwin/XFree86 Binaries updated

Andreas Eibach a.eibach@gmx.net
Mon Dec 4 07:47:00 GMT 2000

> Before, i fly away for a month, i uploaded new XF86 binaries.
>
> I have update the binaries in xc-4-binaries directory
> ftp://sources.redhat.com/pub/cygwin/xfree/xc-4-binaries .
>
> Binaries were compiled from the latest XF86 CVS sources!
>
> ONLY WINDOWS NT/2000 is supported at the moment.  Sorry folks
> for the vanilla Winows 9x/Me.

Why "sorry" :)

Don't you think I can take advantage of your recent uploads with Harold Test
7 as well?
Well I think I can, perhaps because I'm always optimistic :)

> 5) Xedit in xfree86-4.0-Prog should work. A Couple of users reported
> ptty errors and a crash.

Seriously, Xedit *ought to* work on my Win95, too.
Yes, I had crashes with Xedit, too.
And other applications will work better now.
Remember I *am* able to run X applications now, thanks to Harold.

Thanks a bunch for uploading.

Andreas

P.S. Have a  nice holiday! You deserve it.