startxwin.bat problem

Andrew Markebo flognat@flognat.myip.org
Sat Dec 30 01:43:00 GMT 2000

Hmm sounds like win9x-platform?

To fix the Out of environment space on win9x, add a line something
like (increase the 2048 if it still fails) to config.sys

shell=c:\windows\command\command.com /e:2048

On WinNT+ check
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q158/1/41.asp

The missing cygwin1.dll message is probably due to that it can't set
the path, fixed above.

Check so that startxwin.bat uses the correct paths, like
c:\cygwin\usr\bin instead if \usr\bin..

Regarding the 'invalid switch'-messages, remove the /b switch of the
start command.

        /Andy