X server for Win95

Allister Beharry abeharry@carib-link.net
Thu Feb 17 17:33:00 GMT 2000

Here is a working link for Valery Tulnikov's Cygwin19 port of AT&T's
Xvnc (this is not XGDI/XVNC):
 ftp://ftp.engr.uark.edu/pub/cygwin32-1.0/x11r6/x11r6.3/xvnc-3%7e2.bz2
I can't seem to get at the dol.ru ftp site.
I had to chop up the vncserver perl script to get it to work on my
machine. You must also add the -ac option to Xvnc, otherwise it will
refuse clients from the localhost. However once you get it up, cygwin
Xvnc and Windows vncviewer make a fully functional, free X-server for
Windows 95.