XGGI implementation

ssulma@docspace.com ssulma@docspace.com
Mon Feb 21 14:10:00 GMT 2000

> Try setting GGI_DEBUG env
> in a bash shell type
> export GGI_DEBUG=255
> then cd to the directory you have insatlled XGGI executable.  and type
> ./xggi -target directx &
> post the output.  I want to see if you are having problems to laod GGI and GII libs.

Seemed somewhat anti-climactic as it didn't change from when GGI_DEBUG=0:

PEXExtensionInit: Couldn't open default PEX font file  Roman_Merror opening security policy file /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xserver/SecurityPolicy

> By the way did you edit the ggi configuration file as described in the anouncement
> message?

I don't think I misinterpreted the instructions, though it is possible...
(by column, I assumed 'section')

=> 6) Go into Go into the /usr/local/etc/ggi directory and edit
=> libggi.conf file.  In #Display abbrevations column add the
=> following:
=>
=> directx                       display/directx.dll

>From this, I ended up with the following in my libggi.conf file (edited for
brevity)

# Mapping file for suggest-strings to libraries
.root: /usr/local/lib/ggi
#
# suggest_name                  library_name                    versions
# Displays
display-directx                 display/directx.dll

[...] (no changes until...)

# Display abbreviations
directx                         display/directx.dll

[...] (no changes for the rest of the file)

/usr/local/lib/ggi is the Cygwin location of the default,display,input, and
filter directories.