XGGI Update

Suhaib M. Siddiqi Ssiddiqi@inspirepharm.com
Mon Jan 3 20:28:00 GMT 2000

On 04-Jan-00 John Fortin wrote:
>> Chances of xterm building under Mingw is pretty small, given that it needs
>> pseudo ttys.
>
> I think I had heard that before...

True,  xterm compiles best with Cygwin.  It had been discussed before on
several mailing list.  MingW32 cannot build xterm because Win32 (native)
has no tty support

>> XGGI should build under Mingw however, and if not, I can provide a hand
>> there.
>>
>> Most of the clients should build easily under Mingw, except for the likes
>> of xterm. Rxvt should build under Mingw, unless it's gone through major
>> code changes in the last few years.

xdm, and a few others cannot be build using MingW32... including xedit and
glx from xfree86 4.0.  Cygwin is best suited for that.

>> Got any perf numbers yet? Just being greedy, sorry ;-)
>
> Still have to do the mouse interface.  Should be pretty easy though,
> compared to the keyboard interface.

I am looking forward to John's great work

Suhaib

E-Mail: Suhaib M. Siddiqi <Ssiddiqi@inspirepharm.com>
Date: 03-Jan-00
Time: 23:21:55