Installing cygwin/xfree : it works ! ( almost )

Richard.GRENON Richard.GRENON@wanadoo.fr
Fri Jul 7 12:48:00 GMT 2000

Hello Suhaib,

Thanks for your comments. I begin to understand
where my problems come from. I am really confusing about distributions of Cygwin
and Xfree.

My first test of Cygwin on April has been done
with a full.exe file which installed CygwinB20, but many things were missing.
When I decided to re-install a full up to date Cygwin on June 27, I could not
find a full.exe file or a cygwinB20 directory on the ftp site. Where is
cygwinB20 now ? I used the setup.exe from the latest directory but it installed
Cygwin1.1.2 ( I have checked it with uname). I was thinking that cygwinB20 had
been included in the latest release and that's why I downloaded the X11R6.3 and
X11R6.4 tar files with names  including the "cygwinb20"
string.

So my question is : is there a full X11 distrib for
cygwin1.1.2 or what should I download to have compatible Cygwin and X11
distributions ?

Best regards,

Richard Grenon 40 Avenue de la Division
Leclerc 92320 Châtillon - France e-mail : Richard.GRENON@wanadoo.fr