launching xterm

REBILLAT JEAN JEAN.REBILLAT@lanceurs.aeromatra.com
Wed Jul 19 23:44:00 GMT 2000

Jean REBILLAT
EADS Launch Vehicles
(previously Aerospatiale-Matra Lanceurs)
Les Mureaux, France
jean.rebillat@lanceurs.aeromatra.com

-----Message d'origine-----
De: Suhaib Siddiqi [ mailto:ssiddiqi@inspirepharm.com ]
Date: mercredi 19 juillet 2000 12:55
À: 'liste cygwin-xfree'
Objet: RE: launching xterm

>> First, I try to launch an xterm from a shortcut or from the menu.
>
> if you do not want to see extra DOS windos of xterm, use Cygwin bash sell
> and start
> xterm like you do on UNIX from a shell.

What is the difference ? I get an extra bash window, must fork a second
xterm, then kill the first xterm and the bash shell.
Okay. I may launch future xterms from the first, instead of using again the
shortcut. That's what I plan to do. But on Unix, you can start your
environnement (kde, cde, ...) with xterms. This seems not to be possible
from Windows.

Regards.
		J.R.