Cygwin /tmp\foo behaviour

Chris Faylor cgf@cygnus.com
Sun Jun 11 19:35:00 GMT 2000

On Mon, Jun 12, 2000 at 10:41:30AM +0930, Trevor Forbes wrote:
>So If I understand you correctly "/tmp\cc017659.base" should not link anyway
>as ld will always be looking for "/tmpcc017659.base" which will never exist?

Nope.  You were trying to test out something by using a \ character at the
bash command line.  In your test case, bash ate the \ character just like
it would on UNIX.  The "problem" that you saw was unrelated to the problem
in gcc.

>I have removed the TMP environment variable but it still has the same
>problem. I may need to rebuild it again:\

Unset all of your TMP environment variables:  TEMP TMP TMPDIR, etc.
cgf