Beta version of new X-server

Suhaib M. Siddiqi ssiddiqi@InspirePharm.Com
Wed Mar 8 12:46:00 GMT 2000

Thanks to Dr. Peter Busch (pbusch@dfki.de) for providing
code for new X-server and Display drivers for it.

I have uploaded to ftp://sourceware.cygnus.com/pub/cygwin/xfree
the following files

1) ntux_ddx.tar.bz2  (Source code for ntus_ddx.dll.  You will MSVC to
compile it.)

2) xfddx.tar.bz2 (Binary and source code for xfddx Windows NT Virtual
Display Driver.  You will need
MSVC and NT DDK to compile the code.  Binaries are included in the same
archive).

3)xfddx_x_server_binary.tar.bz2 (Binaries of X-server.  You will need
xfddx.tar.bz2 in addition to this archive)

4) xfddx_x_server_src.tar.bz2 (Source code for X-server, only)

Currently Server works only in 256 colors mode.

XFDDX driver access Windows default Display video adapter therefore Cygwin
compilers are not suited
for it.  Without MSVC and NTDDK, please do not atempt to compile the drivers
code.

The Servers were tested on Windows NT and Windows 2000, only.

PLEASE READ THE ATTACHED README FILE before attempting to install the NT
Virtual Display Driver (XFDDX.dll).

Our future enhancements to  Cygwin/XFree servers will make use of Dr. Busch
contributed drivers
and codes.

I am working to use his drivers with Karra's DirectX based X-server.  It
will allow to integrate
DirectX based X-server into Windows Desktop.

Till Firday, I will be busy, therefore I would update Cygwin/XFree URL over
the weekend and add
the README files from Dr. Busch code to FAQ for Cygwin/XFree.

I also plan to merge his source code to XFree86 4.0 source tree, but merged
source tree will be released
after XFree86 4.0 would be officially released this month by XFree86 Inc.

Have Fun!!!

Suhaib