FTP directory update

Suhaib M. Siddiqi ssiddiqi@InspirePharm.Com
Tue Mar 21 05:11:00 GMT 2000

I have uploaded and reorganized the cygwin/xfree directory.  Attached Readme
file explains what is available.

Of particular interest is drivers directory which
contains new versions of fxddx frame buffering and xfmap drivers from Dr.
Peter Busch.
xfmap device driver offers /dev/mem and /dev/iopl (which are missing
in Windows and Cygwin) features to X-server.

The X-server executables Xwin.exe and Xvfb (renamed to XNtUX) are still
buggy.

I split the XFree86 4.0 source base into various Bzip2 archives.
xc40-1.tar.bz2
contains only xc/programs and xc/programs/Xserver.  This will allow me to
update
archive easily and have developers download only changes.

Similarly binary distribution is divided into 3 pieces. One contains only
executables and DLLs for users who do not want
libs and headers for development or have previous versions installed.

I will update links Cygwin/Xfree URL during next couple of days.

Suhaib