Hello

Suhaib Siddiqi ssiddiqi@inspirepharm.com
Thu May 4 05:05:00 GMT 2000

You do
same what you do on Linux to compile X application.

I do
not support Sound drivers and I have no intentions of getting into the
Multimedia drivers support
for
X.  You are on your own for this kind of project.
Sorry.

Suhaib

  -----Original Message----- From:
  cygwin-xfree-owner@sourceware.cygnus.com
  [mailto:cygwin-xfree-owner@sourceware.cygnus.com] On Behalf Of Robert
  McNulty Junior Sent: Thursday, May 04, 2000 1:50 AM To:
  Suhaib M. Siddiqi; Cygwin-Xfree@Sourceware. Cygnus. Com Subject: Re:
  Hello
  I got the binary distribution loaded into
  where they have to go.
  So all i have to do is
  link the program with the libraries.
  OK. I knew on Linux that you need X11 and Xfree86 to make
  X-windows.
  I have a program called Csound I am trying to compile. It
  requires some sort of GUI. And I really don't feel like programming one
  in,

    -----Original Message----- From:
    Suhaib M. Siddiqi < ssiddiqi@inspirepharm.com > To:
    Cygwin-Xfree@Sourceware. Cygnus. Com < cygwin-xfree@sourceware.cygnus.com > Date:
    Wednesday, May 03, 2000 9:32 PM Subject: FW:
    Hello

    What do u mean by "you need X11. How do I port to
    Windows." The X11 had been already ported
    Windows.  If you mean X-server, then those  are very unstable and not intended for
    beginners yet.
    If you mean how to link to X11 libs your binaries
    then that is same as you do on UNIX or for
    any application you
    compile using
    Cygwin.  Basically your use -L /usr/X11R6 -lX11 and other libs to link
    too.

    Suhaib

        -----Original Message----- From:
        cygwin-xfree-owner@sourceware.cygnus.com
        [mailto:cygwin-xfree-owner@sourceware.cygnus.com] On Behalf Of
        Robert McNulty Junior Sent: Wednesday, May 03, 2000 6:21
        PM To: cygwin-xfree@sourceware.cygnus.com Subject:
        Hello
        Sorry about previous message.
        I need X11. How do i port it to Windows?