test 7 OK on win98

evansbryant@look.ca evansbryant@look.ca
Fri Nov 3 22:50:00 GMT 2000

So I was comparing postings;
my startdx.bat file includes this:

> start DXWin32 :0 -geometry 640x480

and it works fine - and did so before Harold's patches.

Alejandro's has this:

> start XWin -screen 0 640x400x16 -whitepixel 255 -blackpixel 0

I tried that on my Toshiba laptop, and it crashed. The two DOS windows
opened, but the initial DirectX window never did. then it all closed with a
series of errors that went too fast to read. I switched the line back, and
locked the machine up like a bank vault <g>

My question is; which is right? Should we be calling DXWin32 or XWin? Now
that I'm rebooted, I have my original version working just ducky. Does
DXWin32 use XWin, or skip it?

~Neil