Development Status Update 2

'cgf@redhat.com' cgf@redhat.com
Tue Nov 21 21:38:00 GMT 2000

[Reply-To redirected to cygwin-xfree]
On Wed, Nov 22, 2000 at 12:20:40AM -0500, Harold Hunt wrote:
>I gave the Cygwin headers another go and was able to, eventually, compile
>with them.  One minor pain I encountered will manually including the Cygwin
>Win32 API headers was that a macro used by winnt.h was defined in windows.h,
>but not in winnt.h; to compile I had to copy the macro out of windows.h and
>past it into my source file as I show at the end of my email.  Of course, it
>would be nice if this macro was defined somewhere other than windows.h... :)

If this is causing you problems, submit a patch to cygwin-patches or to
the cygwin mailing list which rectifies things.

>I will still need to access a couple DirectDraw functions from XWin.exe; I
>notice that /lib/libddraw.a exists but there is not a /usr/include/ddraw.h.
>Can I expect a ddraw.h header anytime soon?  Or, should I stick with the
>Wine header for that?  (I'd really like to move away from Visual C++, to
>open this project up to as many developers as possible).

Again, a patch, providing this file, would solve this problem.  If Wine has
this file and it is not GPLed then we can use it as is, otherwise someone
would have to type in the declarations, etc. by hand.

We're fortunate in that we're not Microsoft and can make changes to accomodate
people quickly.  There is no reason why we can't make changes to the w32api
changes which will help the cygwin-xfree project along.

cgf