NeoMagic & DirectX issues

Suhaib Siddiqi ssiddiqi@inspirepharm.com
Tue Oct 3 13:49:00 GMT 2000

Title: NeoMagic & DirectX issues

Try the win9x-me.tar.bz2 from xc-4-binaries directory,
replacing the xwin.exe.  It has lower
resolution.
The probable cause of DirectDrawInit Failed
was poited out by Harold.  Check mail archives please
from
last 2 weeks.

Suhaib

  -----Original Message----- From:
cygwin-xfree-owner@sources.redhat.com
[mailto:cygwin-xfree-owner@sources.redhat.com] On Behalf Of Drash, Jim
[EESUS] Sent: Tuesday, October 03, 2000 4:44 PM To:
'cygwin-xfree@sources.redhat.com' Subject: NeoMagic & DirectX
issues

  I have two (2) different laptops (Win 2000 in both)
  that have NeoMagic cards in them.  Bsaed upon running all of the tests in
  dxdiag, these cards are performing correctly.  Whne I run
  startxwin.bat.  I constently get:
          Direct
  Draw Init Failed         Error = 80004001 ( DIERR_UNSUPPORTED  )
  Is there anything I can do?
  Thanks in advance, jim drash <jdrash@eesus.jnj.com>