Why run XWindows on top of MS Windows?

Suhaib Siddiqi ssiddiqi@inspirepharm.com
Thu Oct 26 11:06:00 GMT 2000

> Q. Why run XWindows on top of MS Windows?
>
> This is not obvious to me.

If this is not obvious to you, then I cannot help you or no one can answer
you....
and 10s of Win32 X-server vendors would have problems selling their 500
bucks products for
each host ;-)

>This must be to run graphic unix ported
> programs. If this is the case, can I startx from a DOS
> boot-ed  prompt?

NO, MS-DOS booted prompt is not MICROSOFT WINDOWS.  Windows means
Microsoft Oeprating systems, aka Windows 95 Windows 98, Windows NT and
Windows 2000.

> Some coverage for us newbies would be helpful.

Sorry, this questions cannot be included in FAQ, it is too redumentary.

Suhaib