Compile Lockups on Win98

John Fortin fortinj@attglobal.net
Tue Oct 31 09:02:00 GMT 2000

Christopher Faylor wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 31, 2000 at 09:13:48AM -0500, John Fortin wrote:
> >Has anyone else seen this.  I been trying to compile the xfree code.  At
> >different times and at different places, everything starts slowing
> >down.  I've seen it get to about 30 sec to do an 'rm'.
> >
> >After a while everything stops.  Sometimes I have to do a hard restart
> >of my computer.
> >
> >I currently have the 1.1.5 cygwin, the newest make, the newest bash, and
> >the newest gcc binaries available.
>
> Does this happen with 1.1.4?

Yes, it does.   I moved to the 1.1.5 to see if it fixed the problem.  I
received
an e-mail from someone else who has the same problem compiling a different
package.

I'm trying to build this on my NT client, but it takes awhile for the CVS
download.

> It sounds like a standard Windows 98 problem.

That is what I think.  But I can't change my home pc to WinNT.

John