Problems with xfree and Windows ME

Newton Robinson newton.robinson@consultant.com
Sat Sep 16 19:11:00 GMT 2000

I have gotten xfree working on an NT system. I just installed Windows ME and
had read that X should run under ME. It starts, the screen goes grey, and
the cursor appears in the center of the screen as an hour glass. I think
that it is both the X hour glass and the Windows hour glass together.  At
this point my system is locked up and requires to be reset.

I have an ATI all-in-wonder RAGE 128. Should I be able to run X? I followed
the FAQ and it was very simple. I also know that win 95 and 98 won't work. I
just bought ME a few days ago. I upgraded from WIN 98 First Edition.

Any ideas?

Newton