dde on HPUX using xfree86 on cygwin error

Suhaib Siddiqi ssiddiqi@inspirepharm.com
Sun Apr 1 00:00:00 GMT 2001

> | I got the following error when attempting to run dde off of HPUX:
> |
> |  X Error of failed request:  86  Major opcode of failed request:  51
> | (X_SetFontPath)  Serial number of failed request:  108
> |   Current serial number in output stream:  109
>
> Look at this error again.. --->X_SetFontPath<---, the application
> tells the server to pick fonts from a path that exists on the client,
> but not on the server.

Personally for me those are badly design applications, which tends to
dictate
the others what they want, like most of the M$ applications do.

> I wonder if the GLX-support is fully implemented i Xwin@cygwin? using
> hardware acceleration..

Nope, only software acceleraton.  GLX cannot access (read/write) video
chipset
on Windows, without crashing it.

Suhaib