AW: XDMCP

Alexander Gottwald Alexander.Gottwald@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Sun Apr 1 00:00:00 GMT 2001

On Sun, 25 Mar 2001, Palic, Darko wrote:

> Nothing happens if it set all your options
> What does the option meen -engine 1 ??? Have engine to be my IP of my
> cygwin/XFree?
>
> my command line looks
> XWin -screen 0 1024x768x16 -whitepixel 255 -blackpixel 0 -query 192.168.1.1

This should be ok.

> The X starts and stops after a minute with following error:
[normal XWin output]

> Fatal server error:
> XDMCP fatal error: Session failed Session 38384003 failed for display
> 0.0.0.0:0:
>  Cannot open display
Hmm, strange.

Try starting the xdm on the linuxbox with (from the console, not x and as root)

    xdm -nodaemon -debug 5

It should print a lot of debug messages. Maybe i can get an idea whats wrong.

> if I try it with
> XWin -screen 0 1024x768x16 -whitepixel 255 -blackpixel 0 -engine 1 -query
> 192.168.1.1
> I get the error unrecognized option engine (also with -192.168.1.1)

Sorry my fault, the -engine switch is from the newest test release. (see
Harolds last announcement).
You can discard the -engine and the number after it.

> My IP of my Linuxbox 192.168.1.1 and the IP of my cygwin/xfree 192.168.1.10

Maybe it's the same problem as I had with my notebook. From VMWare it worked
fine, but X on my notebook made some trouble.

http://www.gotti.org
+49 3725 3498080