[ANNOUNCEMENT] Cygwin/XFree86 Development Home Page

Harold Hunt huntharo@msu.edu
Sun Apr 1 00:00:00 GMT 2001

I have created and begun to populate a Cygwin/XFree86 Development Home Page:

http://xfree86.cygwin.com/devel/

Currently the Development page contains my development framework release
announcement and a page describing and linking to the Test 7 release, as per
my announcement earlier today.

I pulled the contributor hints off the DFR page and put them on the
development home page.  I fixed several of the developer documentation links
that were broken; most of the broken links were to PDFs on Digital/Compaq
servers, I ended up mirroring all of the documents on my MSU account; all of
the PDF links point to my mirror.

I resynchronized the User's Guide on xfree86.cygwin.com to match my latest
editing (which, oddly enough, took place in November of 2000).

I added a link to the Development site on the Cygwin/XFree86 home page and
renamed the link to the Installation How-To to "User's Guide".

Now I have a working system whereby I can frequently update the development
website with the results of my and, hopefully, others efforts.

Let me know what you think of the new development home,