[ANNOUNCEMENT] Shadow Framebuffer Test 11

Kevin Wright kevin@wright.org
Sun Apr 1 00:00:00 GMT 2001

Harold,

I finally figured out my problem with the heap. Indeed I did have
a previous version of the cygwin1.dll in WINNT/system32 directory.

However, after deleting that file, I'm getting the following error
with test11:

$ XWin -screen 0 1024x768x16 -whitepixel 255 -blackpixel 0
_XSERVTransmkdir: Owner of /tmp/.X11-unix should be set to root
winDetectSupportedEngines () - Windows NT/2000
winDetectSupportedEngines () - DirectDraw installed
winDetectSupportedEngines () - Allowing PrimaryDD
winDetectSupportedEngines () - Returning, supported engines 0000000b
winSetEngine () - Using Shadow DirectDraw
winScreenInit () - dwBPP: 16
winCreateBoundingWindowWindowed () - WorkArea width 1280 height 1024
winCreateBoundingWindowWindowed () - Adjusted width: 1024 height: 768
winWindowProc () - Screen privates are null, msg: 36
winWindowProc () - Screen privates are null, msg: 129
winWindowProc () - Screen privates are null, msg: 131
winWindowProc () - Screen privates are null, msg: 1
winCreateBoundingWindowWindowed () - WindowClient width 1024 height 768
winWindowProc () - WM_ACTIVATEAPP - Hiding cursor
winWindowProc () - WM_ACTIVATE - Activating
winCreateBoundingWindowWindowed () - Returning

winClearVisualTypes ()
winAllocateFBShadowDD ()
winAllocateFBShadowDD () - Created a clipper
winAllocateFBShadowDD () - Attached clipper to window
winAllocateFBShadowDD () - Created and initialized DD
winAllocateFBShadowDD () - Created primary
winAllocateFBShadowDD () - Attached clipper to primary surface
winAllocateFBShadowDD () - Created shadow
winAllocateFBShadowDD () - Locking shadow

Fatal server error:
winAllocateFBShadowDD () - Could not lock shadow surface: 80070057

AbortDDX ()
ddxGiveUp ()

I am using the latest Cygwin/XFree86 4.0.3 built by Suhaib and
the latest cygwin (1.1.8-2). I'm running NT4.0 SP5.

--Kevin