dde on HPUX using xfree86 on cygwin error

Tim Heath th374862@cosd.fedex.com
Sun Apr 1 00:00:00 GMT 2001

I got the following error when attempting to run dde off of HPUX:

 X Error of failed request:  86  Major opcode of failed request:  51
(X_SetFontPath)  Serial number of failed request:  108

purify will work however!  I also had a question about running a GLX
application from a remote server on a LAN.  The important info is:

I have a MATROX MGA-G200 AGP with 8 megs on board on NT4.0.  I have
downloaded an untarred all xfree86 tar's and xwindows runs.  Using the
xserver remotely for an xwindows application that uses GLX runs very
slowly and my connection is tcp/ip on a LAN.  Can anyone tell me why it
is so slow and how I can speed it up?  According to the mailing list for
xfree86 GLX extensions are supported.  The windows does come up and
works correctly but is extremely slow.

Thanks,

Tim Heath

P.S.

Unforutnately without being able to use dde I will have to use exceed :(