Cygwin/xfree86 & Win2000 does not start!

Andrew Markebo flognat@flognat.myip.org
Sun Apr 1 00:00:00 GMT 2001

/ Suhaib Siddiqi <ssiddiqi@inspirepharm.com> wrote:
| or get the vtwm from "contrib" directory
|
| startxwin.bat is SAMPLE file, users NEED to customize it for
| PATHS and Windows Managers they want to use.

Consider this as a 'patch' to the docs...

http://www.cygwin.com/xfree/docs/howto/c284.htm#AEN286

--------------------

Configuring Cygwin/Xfree

Currently most Cygwin/XFree options are configured via startxwin.bat
stored in /usr/X11R6/bin. Following all of the above instructions has
always left me with a functioning installation of Cygwin/XFree on
Windows 2000; your mileage may vary.

The steps above doesn't mention to download the contrib, so maybe a
small note like

"don't worry if you get a bunch of tvtwm not found, throw an eye or
two at startxwin.bat, and modify tvtwm.exe to tvm.exe, check the paths
so they look healthy"