[ANNOUNCEMENT] Shadow Framebuffer Test 16

Harold Hunt huntharo@msu.edu
Fri Apr 6 23:40:00 GMT 2001

Pierre,

> Fatal server error:
> winAllocateFBShadowDDNL () - Could not create shadow surface 80070057

I really can't remember if I have asked you to try this or not, but could
you please add an '-engine 1' to your XWin command line, either right before
your -screen parameter.

That will cause Cygwin/XFree86 to startup using the GDI blitter instead of
the DirectDraw4 blitter, which appears to be the root of your problem.

You could also try '-engine 2'; '-engine 4' would make no difference, as the
current engine being used is engine 4.