Can't Display.. Update

jeremy greiner jeremy@win1.net
Sun Apr 8 22:06:00 GMT 2001

Well this weekend I bought a new hard drive and I figured I was
due for a reinstall plus I had a fiew other device changes I made
on major was I removed my modem .. after installing Win2k I
installed all my drivers (no updates like sp1 or DirectX 8) I then
installed cygwin (first application to be installed other than
drivers) and then installed the X libraries.. and everything
worked.. I honestly think it was a modem/networking problem .. I
could be wrong but that would make the most sense to me.. my
suggestion to the other guy who had this problem (I don't remember
you name sorry) is try connecting to the internet with your modem
so it picks up an IP address then try using Xfree and see if that
helps. If that works then we can figure some way around that
(hopefully) if not well we'll try something alse like beat it with
a llama.. that usually works for me. ok well that is my 2 sense.
-jeremy

Sent via WIN1.NET WebMail System ( http://www.win1.net )