AW: Compiling KDE2 problems on Xfree/Cygwin

Ralf Habacker Ralf.Habacker@saght.tessag.com
Mon Apr 16 23:47:00 GMT 2001

Hi Suhaib,
while compiling KDE I've found additional missing symbols starting with
XShm... in the libXext. I've found that the relating functions depends on
the label HAS_SHM. If libext needs no external shm/ipc-support(I have looked
and it seems so to me), there may be no problem to export this symbols, if
libext-shm needs additional libs, perhaps the distribution contains two
libext, one without and one with shm support. What do you think about this ?

Additional KDE needs shm/ipc-support, this will be able through the cygipc
(found under
http://www.neuro.gatech.edu/users/cwilson/cygutils/V1.1/cygipc/ )

Best regars
Ralf Habacker