Bug in Xinstall.sh

Ralf Habacker Ralf.Habacker@saght.tessag.com
Wed Aug 1 23:21:00 GMT 2001

I've got it from mirrors.rcn.net. Below is the cvs header
# $XFree86: xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/etc/Xinstall.sh,v 1.27 2001/06/06
19:23:16 dawes Exp $

I haved analysed some more details of the bug.

I have linked the dir /download to /cygdrive/c/Dokumente und
Einstellungen/habacker/Eigene Dateien/Daten/Download
and created a sub dir xfree-4.1.0, where the snapshot was downloaded into.

When I start sh Xinstall.sh it reports

<snip>
Checking which OS you're running...
uname reports 'CYGWIN_NT-5.0' version '1.3.2(0.39/3/2)', architecture 'i686'.

chmod: changing permissions of `extract': No such file or directory (2)
/cygdrive/c/Dokumente: not found  (1)
Warning: can't detect the bindist version
Checking for required files ...

(1) It seems that in the line, where WDIR="`pwd`" is set, pwd returns the
redirect link instead the symbolic link.

(2) Xinstall.sh contains beginning oin line 900
	chmod +x extract
    This fails