CDE Hangs on login with Xfree

Harold Hunt huntharo@msu.edu
Wed Aug 8 12:14:00 GMT 2001

Oliver,

> Yes. I have posted the information as requested.

I have just been working on adding it to the FAQ.

> I don't really know who's bugs these are but they should not
> really cause a
> crash in Xfree, maybe some warnings but not a full on crash.
>
> Let me know if you have any interest in this area and I can provide more
> information.

Well, I don't generally have access to Solaris for testing, but if you built
a debug version of Cygwin/XFree86, and ran it via gdb, you could give us
much more detailed information about the crashes that might enable us to
actually fix some of them.  Instructions for building a debug version of
Cygwin/XFree86 are in the Contributor's Guide:
http://xfree86.cygwin.com/docs/cg/

On a side note, have you installed and tested the Test42 server?  I wonder
if it would fix some of the crashes that you are reporting.
http://xfree86.cygwin.com/devel/shadow/

Good luck,