xfree on W2K crash running gvim on RH7.1 Remote box

Jonathan Marks jmarks@wideray.com
Mon Aug 13 22:38:00 GMT 2001

Hi,

Perhaps someone can help.  Xfree running on W2K box running Gnome off RH7.1
installation on another box.  Xfree disappears off my screen when I attempt
to run up gvim.  Get the following trace:
jmarks@SOCKEYE:~>/usr/X11R6/bin/XWin.exe -screen 0 1600x1200x32 -query
hal-9000 -from sockeye
ddxProcessArgument () - screen - argc: 8 i: 1
_XSERVTransmkdir: Owner of /tmp/.X11-unix should be set to root
winDetectSupportedEngines () - Windows NT/2000
winDetectSupportedEngines () - DirectDraw installed
winDetectSupportedEngines () - Allowing PrimaryDD
winDetectSupportedEngines () - DirectDraw4 installed
winDetectSupportedEngines () - Returning, supported engines 0000001f
winSetEngine () - Using Shadow DirectDraw NonLocking
winAdjustVideoModeShadowDDNL () - Using Windows display depth of 16 bits per
pixel
winCreateBoundingWindowWindowed () - WindowClient width 1594 height 1174
winAllocateFBShadowDDNL () - lPitch: 3188
winInitVisualsShadowDDNL () - Masks 0000f800 000007e0 0000001f BPRGB 6 d 16
winCreateDefColormap () - Deferring to fbCreateDefColormap ()

Fatal server error:
negative sized edge?
jmarks@SOCKEYE:~>