xc/config/cf/cygwin.rules - ComplexProgramTarget_1

Harold Hunt huntharo@msu.edu
Thu Aug 16 06:44:00 GMT 2001

> I do not understand.... what do you mean by PROGRAM2 and PROGRAM3 are not
> defined?

The Makefile looks like this, with extraneous bits removed:
PROGRAM1 = xclipboard.exe
all:: $(PROGRAM1) $(PROGRAM2) $(PROGRAM3)
{ PROGRAM1 build rules }
install:: xclipboard.exe
PROGRAM2 = xcutsel.exe
{ PROGRAM2 build rules }
install:: xcutsel.exe

Running 'make' will only generate xclipboard.exe.  Try it.  Running 'make
install' will generate xcutsel.exe as well.

I meant that PROGRAM2 is not defined at the point that make reads the 'all'
dependency list, so PROGRAM2 (xcutsel.exe) is not  in the 'all' dependency
list.