Setting a Norwegian keyboard on cygwin-xfree86

Bang, Steinar Steinar.bang@tandbergtv.com
Fri Aug 24 04:54:00 GMT 2001

--
> From: Alexander Gottwald
> [ mailto:alexander.gottwald@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de ]

>> But it actually seems to work in spite of
>> this message.  I've put this command at the end of
>> startxwin.bat, which seems to be working (I can't
>> get characters like æ and ø in cygwin bash in a
>> cygwin xterm, but I get them in a linux bash in

> This has something to do with 8bit charachters.
> Please check the cygwin faq (not cygwin/xfree).
> There is a section for this problem.

For the convenience of future searchers for this
problem:
	< http://www.cygwin.com/faq/faq_4.html#SEC41 >

This worked, both for the plain cygwin bash shell,
and for xterms running the cygwin bash shell.

Thanx again!
This email, its content and any attachments is PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL to
TANDBERG Television. If received in error please notify the sender and
destroy the original message and attachments.