[ANNOUNCEMENT] Server Test 46 (with one-way clipboard support)

Harold Hunt huntharo@msu.edu
Thu Aug 30 15:46:00 GMT 2001

Links:

I just posted Test 46 to the server development page:
http://xfree86.cygwin.com/devel/shadow/

Server Test Series binary and source code releases are now
available via the sources.redhat.com ftp mirror network
( http://cygwin.com/mirrors.html ) in the
pub/cygwin/xfree/devel/shadow/ directory.  You may wish to note the
desired filename in the links below, then download from your
closest mirror ( http://cygwin.com/mirrors.html ).

Server binary, direct link:
http://www.msu.edu/~huntharo/xwin/shadow/XWin-Test46.exe.bz2 (1066 KB)

Server source, direct link:
http://www.msu.edu/~huntharo/xwin/shadow/xwin-20010830-1830.tar.bz2 (68 KB)

Changes:

1) Open the Windows clipboard and dump new clipboard text to
XA_CUT_BUFFER0 whenever the Windows clipboard changes.  This provides
rudimentary one-way Windows to X clipboard integration.

2) Remove cruft used to call winInitializeDefaultScreens () before
our OsVendorInit () function was working properly.

3) Add xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xwin/winerror.c which contains a
function that we can use to customize the ErrorF () output.  We will
use this to redirect ErrorF () messages to a file so that we can start
XWin.exe without a console.

Enjoy,