setting Norwegian keyboard when using KDM

Bang, Steinar Steinar.bang@tandbergtv.com
Fri Aug 31 02:14:00 GMT 2001

I wrote:

>>> Platform, client: Win2k, CygWin 1.3.2, cygwin-xfree86 4.1.0
>>> Platform, server: debian 2.2r3 (potato), kdm 2.1.1
[snip!]

> I've hand edited the old Xmodmap.no file I found,
> according to what xkeycaps says the keycodes
> and symbols should be, when I move the mouse cursor
> over the keys in xkeycaps.

> This Xmodmap makes "æ", "ø", and "å" appear correctly
> and so does all the keys that doesn't require
> "Alt Gr".

> xkeycaps said that the "Alt Gr" key (keycode 113)
> should have the symbols Alt_R, and Meta_R, and
> have modifier name Mod3.

> So I have tried setting
>  keycode 113 = Alt_R	Meta_R
> and then
>  clear Mod3
>  add	Mod3	= Alt_R
> but this didn't work.

What I then did, was to read the "X PROTOCOL DOCUMENT
ON KEYMAPS" section in
	< http://www.jwz.org/xkeycaps/man.html >
and from what I read there, set the following
keycode mapping:
 keycode 113 = Mode_switch
and not mess about with modifiers at all.

This seems to work so far.  Alexander?  Do you want
my doctored Xmodmap.no?  I don't know who made
the original one, and I don't know how well it
*really* works...:-)

- Steinar

This email, its content and any attachments is PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL to
TANDBERG Television. If received in error please notify the sender and
destroy the original message and attachments.