[ANNOUNCEMENT] Archive names and installation process now follow XFree86 standard

Harold Hunt huntharo@msu.edu
Mon Jul 2 06:45:00 GMT 2001

> You should have extract.exe in the same directory, i.e. /tmp.
> then it should not give the following error.

I don't have them mv it, I have them cp it.  So, extract.exe is still in the
current directory as well as in /bin.

> > chmod: changing permissions of `extract': No such file or directory

I got this error even with extract.exe in the same directory as Xinstall.sh

I think the real fix is to add another CYGWIN*) branch to Xinstall.sh that
doesn't try to change the permissions of extract.exe on Cygwin.