xfree crashes out

Suhaib Siddiqi ssiddiqi@inspirepharm.com
Thu Jul 12 05:01:00 GMT 2001

Can you post more information?

1) copy of your startxwin.bat  (You should have modified it per your
installation)

2) version of Cygwin i.e. output from uname -r

3) try following from a bash shell

cd /usr/X11R6/bin

export PATH=.:/usr/X11R6/bin:$PATH
export DISPLAY=127.0.0.1:0.0
./xwin -screen 0 1024 768 -engine 4 &

./xterm -e /usr/bin/bash &
./twm &

Let the list know if the opens the xserver window, xterm and twm

If not then what happen? Error message?

Suhaib