crashing bug : found... destroyed

Harold Hunt huntharo@msu.edu
Tue Jul 31 11:26:00 GMT 2001

> THE FIX :
> I simply undefine __STRICT_ANSI__ before the math.h include, and
> redefine it

Oh, on the other hand, adding the -ansi flag (which causes __STRICT_ANSI__
to be defined) doesn't seem like such a great idea anymore, does it?  :)

I tried talking to the Newlib ( http://sources.redhat.com/newlib/ ) folks once
about fixing the way that they interpret the __STRICT_ANSI__ define, but
they were pretty damned arrogant about it, so I gave up trying to convince
them that they were misinterpreting the define.  Of course, anyone with some
patience is more than welcome to talk to them.  You need only look at the
headers providided with Linux or any other *NIX (Solaris, etc.) to come up
with lots of things that should be changed in the Newlib headers regarding
the __STRICT_ANSI__ define.