Xclients don't work in win2K

Jason Day jasonday@mediaone.net
Fri Jun 8 07:06:00 GMT 2001

Hello,

I've seen several messages in the archives about this.  The problem is that
the X server starts, but twm and xterm abort with a message like 'unable to
open display "127.0.0.1:0.0"'.  In my case, this happened when I upgraded
Cygwin to version 1.3.1.  As others have said, I am able to start the X
server, but I can't run any of the xfree clients; I can, however, run remote
X clients, and I can run a remote X session with xdmcp.  I've also compiled
an X application, and it aborts with the same error message.  I'm currently
using cygwin 1.3.2 and XFree86 4.1.0 binaries, on Windows 2000.

It seems to work fine in windows98 though (cygwin 1.3.2, XFree86 4.0.3).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jason
http://jasonday.home.att.net                    mediaone dot net