Xfig and Scalable Fonts

Fabio Somenzi Fabio@Colorado.EDU
Sun Jun 10 16:45:00 GMT 2001

I have the following problem when running Piere Humblet's cygwin port
of xfig under 4.1.0.

Text is only diplayed if the font size is one of the following sizes:

 10, 12, 14, 18, 24

This happens for both postscript and latex fonts.

These sizes are indeed the font sizes for which pcf files exist in
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts.

The linux boxes I have access to have the same sizes, but they appear
to be able to scale the fonts.

Is this a known problem?  Any suggestions on how to solve it?

(I cannot use the remote Linux box as font server because the service
is disabled.)

Thanks

Fabio