XFree 4.1.0 fails to build!!!

Brian Michael Genisio genisiob@pilot.msu.edu
Fri Jun 15 04:12:00 GMT 2001

I am trying to build XFree from source version 4.1.0.  I have tried numerous
times, but unfortunately, it fails every time.  I build with the following :
make World >& world.log  It goes for a while... builds imake, makes the
Makefiles, makes clean, and starts to make the fonts.

When it makes the fonts, it gets pretty far through, and fails with the error:
fork_copy: user/cygwin data pass 2 failed, 0x4590000..0x4823000, done 0, Win32
error 8

It does this numerous times until the following happens :
handle_exceptions: Exception: STATUS_STACK_OVERFLOW
stackdump: Dumping staci trace to MAKE.EXE.stackdump.

Any Ideas?  I am using the cygwin 1.3.1 DLL, and the updated tools when it was
released.  I am updating my tools again, but I am not convinced that that is
going to help.

Thanks,
Brian

--