Running out of resources

Harold Hunt huntharo@msu.edu
Fri Jun 15 13:47:00 GMT 2001

Sridhar,

Sounds to me like you have found a memory leak either in Cygwin/XFree86, or
in Cygwin proper.  I really doubt that Windows is the problem here.

However, I need to know which graphics engine Cygwin/XFree86 is using in
order to search for any leaks.  When you start XWin.exe, you should see
several lines of output, one of them will look like this:
winSetEngine () - Using Shadow DirectDraw NonLocking

I need you to send me (cc the list too) that line from your XWin.exe
startup, then I can start double checking the code.

Thanks,