X server won't start in win95a

Suhaib Siddiqi ssiddiqi@inspirepharm.com
Wed Jun 20 04:01:00 GMT 2001

> Nope.  I have no networking.
> > What do you mean by "no networking"  without TCP/IP you cannot use
> > X.
> Just a single machine with dialup.
>
>  As Raymond says this appears to be an
> incompatibility with win9x versus winNT.  As you know, this is a
> different code base.
> > explain???? Which code base????

There is no such thing of incompability between Windows9x and NT.  An
application can be designed to run only on Win9x or NT.

> Microsoft internally has two different Windows sources, one
> is Win9x and
> the other is WinNT.

Oh really. I think Bill Gates keep calling you about this different sources
for Windows.  Thanks for letting us know.  I made a note in my diary and I
will do my best to tell the rest of the world.

> But this isn't the problem as Raymond has Cygwin/XFree
> working on both.

Raymond problem is not same as yours.  Your problem is we even do not know
what is your problem....

> However, X doesn't work on my Win98 2nd installation.  I
> would be happy
> to supply you with a message dump if that would be helpful.  It would
> require some sort of setup because X just comes up for a one
> second and
> you don't really see anything.

What kind of special setup?  Setup like a CIA of FBI setup to trap the
terrorists?

Suhaib