[ANNOUNCEMENT] Server Test 34

Pavel.Rybnicek@intax.cz Pavel.Rybnicek@intax.cz
Mon Jun 25 05:31:00 GMT 2001

                    "Harold Hunt"
                    <huntharo@msu        To:     <Pavel.Rybnicek@intax.cz>
                    .edu>                cc:     "cygx" <cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com>
                                         Subject:     RE: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Server Test 34
                    25.06.2001
                    13:14

>Pavel,

>> I mean something like this:
>> (See attached file: screen1.jpg)

>I don't see Cygwin/XFree86 running in that screenshot.  Cygwin/XFree86
>always draws the "Cygwin/XFree86" window.  Also, from the command prompt
in
>the background, I can see that the depth is 32 bits, and the create
default
>colormap function is deferring to 'fb', instead of using
>'winCreateDefColormap'.  So, what gives?

Sorry, here is small explanation.
The Netscape window and the CDE Front Panel (that's the wide window ath the
botom, with buttons One, Two, trancui and trancd) are running on my remote
AIX machine, the rest is my Windows desktop (it should not be here, it's
bug, simply the background isn't repainted). But I find very useful to see
my Windows desktop on the background.

>> And - I have one bug (may be It's well-known) when I start XWin and
switch
>> to another Windows application immediately (mouse click,, Alt+Tab), the
>> XWin does not start.

>I'll need the messages from XWin.exe...

OK, it's here. But I guess there is no difference to succesfull case.

Unsuccessful:
ddxProcessArgument () - screen - argc: 18 i: 1
winAllocateScreenPrivates () - g_ulServerGeneration: 0 serverGeneration: 1
winDetectSupportedEngines () - Windows NT/2000
winDetectSupportedEngines () - DirectDraw installed
winDetectSupportedEngines () - Allowing PrimaryDD
winDetectSupportedEngines () - DirectDraw4 installed
winDetectSupportedEngines () - Returning, supported engines 0000001f
winSetEngine () - Using user's preference: 4
winAllocateFBShadowDDNL () - Not changing video mode
winAllocateFBShadowDDNL () - lPitch: 5120
winInitVisualsShadowDDNL () - Masks 00ff0000 0000ff00 000000ff BPRGB 8 d 32
winInitVisualsShadowDDNL () - Returning
winFinishScreenInitFB () - Calling winCreateDefColormap ()
winCreateDefColormap ()
winCreateDefColormap () - Deferring to fbCreateDefColormap ()
InitInput ()

Successful:

ddxProcessArgument () - screen - argc: 18 i: 1
winAllocateScreenPrivates () - g_ulServerGeneration: 0 serverGeneration: 1
winDetectSupportedEngines () - Windows NT/2000
winDetectSupportedEngines () - DirectDraw installed
winDetectSupportedEngines () - Allowing PrimaryDD
winDetectSupportedEngines () - DirectDraw4 installed
winDetectSupportedEngines () - Returning, supported engines 0000001f
winSetEngine () - Using user's preference: 4
winAllocateFBShadowDDNL () - Not changing video mode
winAllocateFBShadowDDNL () - lPitch: 5120
winInitVisualsShadowDDNL () - Masks 00ff0000 0000ff00 000000ff BPRGB 8 d 32
winInitVisualsShadowDDNL () - Returning
winFinishScreenInitFB () - Calling winCreateDefColormap ()
winCreateDefColormap ()
winCreateDefColormap () - Deferring to fbCreateDefColormap ()
InitInput ()
winBltExposedRegionsShadowDDNL () - MapWindowPoints () failed
winKeybdReleaseModifierKeys - Releasing VK_LMENU
winBltExposedRegionsShadowDDNL () - MapWindowPoints () failed
winKeybdReleaseModifierKeys - Releasing VK_LMENU

I hope it helps.

Pavel