X dumps stack trace on W2k

chris@frostnet.net chris@frostnet.net
Thu Jun 28 08:59:00 GMT 2001

When starting XFree (4.0.3) under cygwin (1.3.2), X gets to returning from
winInitVisualsShadowDD() and then does a dump of the stack.
This is running under Windows 2000.

The output from starting X:
_XSERVTransmkdir: Owner of /tmp/.X11-unix should be set to root
winDetectSupportedEngines () - Windows NT/2000
winDetectSupportedEngines () - DirectDraw installed
winDetectSupportedEngines () - Allowing PrimaryDD
winDetectSupportedEngines () - Returning, supported engines 0000000b
winSetEngine () - Using Shadow DirectDraw
winAdjustVideoModeShadowDD () - Command line depth: 16, using depth: 8
winCreateBoundingWindowWindowed () - WindowClient width 1018 height 694
winInitVisualsShadowDD () - Masks: 00000000 00000000 00000000 bpRGB: 0
winInitVisuals () - Calling miSetVisualTypesAndMasks
winInitVisualsShadowDD () - Returned from miSetVisualTypesAndMasks
winInitVisualsShadowDD () - Returning
      0 [main] XWin 165 open_stackdumpfile: Dumping stack trace to XWin.exe.stackdump
XIO:  fatal IO error 104 (Connection reset by peer) on X server "localhost:0.0"
      after 0 requests (0 known processed) with 0 events remaining.

(If you spot any typos in the above just let me know, the user I'm talking
with sent me a screenshot so I had to type the above.)

I'm also attaching the stack dump.
(If anyone needs to know the version of DirectX installed I can find out.)

Any ideas why it dies?

A huge thanks in advance!
--
Chris Frost  |  < http://www.frostnet.net/chris/ >