Problem With Characters generated using ALTGR Key for HP-UX

wang@ifkm.mw.tu-dresden.de wang@ifkm.mw.tu-dresden.de
Thu Nov 1 04:42:00 GMT 2001

Hello,

After running xfree86 connectetd to HP-UX via XDMCP, and  using xmodmap Xmodmap,  french or german keyboard does  not work properly anymore. The ALTGR key doesn't work  correctly, and does not display the following characters with a  french or german keyboard : ~{[|`\^@].

But with Tru64UNIX or LinuX works Xfree86 fine, no AltGr no  problem.

If somebody could give me some instruction about the solution I would  thank very much...

Best wishes

Institut fuer Festkoerpermechanik
TU Dresden
01062 Dresden
Z. Wang

Tel. 0351/463 37972  Fax. 0351/463 37969

remail to: wang@ifkm.mw.tu-dresden.de