web browsers available?

Alexander Gottwald alexander.gottwald@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Fri Nov 9 03:38:00 GMT 2001

On Thu, 8 Nov 2001, Michael F. March wrote:

> > I would like to know what the general consensus on the "best" web browser
> > which compiles under cygwin/xfree is. I am currently using dillo
> I have asked this before... has anyone tried Mozilla?

Correct me if I'm wrong. You have a windows machine and want to run X.
Why the hell you wan't a webbrowser which runs on the windows box and
draws via X.

Just use Mozilla, Netscape, IE or what ever you want on windows or
Mozilla, Netscape, dillo, ... remote from Linux.

There is no need to slow down the browser by using another 2 layers
for adding network transparency.

bye
	ago
BTW:
I tried mozilla, but it was running on linux and only rendered via X11.
 http://www.gotti.org           ICQ: 126018723
 phone: +49 3725 349 80 80	mobile: +49 172 7854017