Esound update [need an autoconf/automake wizard]

Harold Hunt huntharo@msu.edu
Thu Oct 25 21:15:00 GMT 2001

> I just downloaded esound-0.2.8.tar.gz but was unable to build it.

Okay, you can chant an incantation at configure to get esound to compile:
configure --target=i686-pc-linux --host=i686-pc-linux

That causes the build to work on Cygwin.  It seems that esound is using an
ancient (1999) version of autoconf that doesn't know that Cygwin exists.

I need an autoconf/automake wizard (Robert Collins comes to mind :) to
update autoconf/automake for esound and send the patches in to the esound
maintainers.  That way we should be able to build without passing fake build
flags on Cygwin.